Looking for fun and easy “Wellness Hacks” to promote a healthy lifestyle in your municipality? Read below to discover new ways to implement Wellness strategies into your workplace!
Chief Pesce of Bordentown Township launched a new initiative at the Bordentown Township Police Department. He created a “Health and Wellness Corner” on a wall in the Police Department with valuable wellness information:
- Implemented Captain Buscio Program at Deborah Hospital, the comprehensive cardiovascular and pulmonary medical evaluation free to first responders. Chief Pesce provides everyone with four hours of compensatory time if they attend once a year on a day off.
- Display photos of recent health and wellness events the Township participates in and information about upcoming events. Currently, a St. Paddy’s Day 5k registration form is posted.
- Display “Workout of the Month” provided by our department’s physical fitness instructor, Ptl. Edwards.
- Display February BURLCO JIF Wellness newsletter.
- Healthy Menu Options: Officers often dine out and frequently fall into the same eating routine (Wawa, pizza, etc.) Cheif Pesce encourages officers to seek out healthy menu options while eating out, and share those options via a photo and description on the board. This will educate others about healthy options offered by local establishments and hopefully encourage them to develop better eating habits.
The first Friday of February has been designated National Wear Red Day. On this day, men and women are encouraged to wear red as a symbol of their support of women’s heart health. Great effort by Florence Twp. for actively participating in the American Heart Association’s national movement to end heart disease and stroke in women. You can also click here to discover ways to prevent heart disease.
In lieu of Halloween candy “tricking” their employees into unhealthy temptations, Medford Township’s Wellness Committee decided to “treat” all employees with a special door-to-door delivery of healthy snack baskets! Employees responded in a very favorable way. Click on the picture to view all the healthy treats. Have a safe (and healthy) Halloween!
Once again Florence Township brings wellness to the office! This time through supporting “Bring your dog to work day”. Observed always on the Friday following Father’s Day, this day allows employee’s who are dog owners to introduce their four-legged “best friend” to co-workers. This observance was launched to encourage adopting a pet. It was believed that after witnessing the human-animal bond at work, others may also want a companion. The employees of Florence shared laughter and dog stories, strengthened camaraderie (between both co-workers and pets alike) and experienced a wonderful stress reducer! Thank you Murphy, Levi, and Cooper for sharing your unconditional affection with the employees of Florence!
The Beverly City Municipality posted a White Board just outside of their main office to encourage employees and residents alike to post positive messaging and to share ideas as they relate to wellness.
Here is a picture of a few residents’ posts already…one very young resident certainly seems to have her priorities right! Positivity breeds positivity. Pay it forward and see what happens. Nice going Beverly City!
Click on the links to learn more
- Curb Appeal…
- Move More BURLCO
- Toolkit: Random Acts of Kindness
- Wear Red Day & Random Acts of Kindness
- Healthy Choice Options for Snack and Vending Areas
- A Quiet Room…