Tenant Users Liability Insurance Policy (TULIP)
Program for Users of Municipal Facilities
Individuals, businesses, and community groups often request to use town-owned property and facilities for events. The rental of town-owned property provides municipalities a much needed revenue stream while providing a community service. However, these groups may not have their own insurance coverage. This creates the possibility that your entity may be drawn into costly litigation even though you did not conduct or manage the event.
The solution to this problem is the Tenant Users Liability Insurance Program (TULIP).
- TULIP is a low cost insurance policy that protects both the “Tenant User” and your municipality.
- A “Tenant User” is any outside party using local government facilities.
- The policy applies to bodily injury or property damage arising out of the use of the local government’s premises by Tenant Users.
- Premium costs are paid by the Tenant User through a special website via credit card.
- Premium costs are based on the nature of the event, the number of event days, the number of participants, the level of risk and any special requirements.
Coverage Limits of $1 million are provided for bodily injury and property damage and cover both the “Tenant User” and your municipality.