Our Technology Risk Management Director, Lou Romero developed a quarterly “Tech Watch” newsletter for all BURLCO JIF members. It provides details on today’s cybersecurity risk environment with an overview of current vulnerabilities, threats, and the impact of various cybersecurity issues. Click on the picture to view and download the full newsletter. Contact Lou directly (732) 690-4057 or Lromero@SecureDataCS.com for more information.
Phishing attempts are increasing in frequency and becoming harder to spot. Don’t get hooked! Click on the pic to download our “10 Tips for Detecting Phishing Emails” poster or contact Megan Matro (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional copies to hang in your municipal offices.
Controlling technology risks in your municipality has never been more important. As cyber thieves grow smarter, municipalities must be vigilant in protecting their town’s computer systems from costly attacks, crippling damage or unauthorized access. Cyber security is a worthwhile investment AND an ongoing process. Click on the links below to discover tools and resources to help keep your systems secure.
- Technology Risks in Municipal Government
- 3 Ways to Avoid Phishing Attacks
- MEL Video on Cyber Security
- Listen to PRIMA’s Cybersecurity: Trends & Threats Podcast
- FBI.gov: Protecting Yourself Online in an Interconnected World
- New Jersey Cybersecurity & Communications Integration Cell (NJCCIC)
- Remote Access: Open Ports Create Targets of Opportunity, Undue Risk
- NJCCIC Cyber Tip of the Day
- Pivot Point Security: 4 Critical Cyber Security Recommendations for Municipal Governments that Outsource IT
- Pivot Point Security: 3 Moves to Make When Malware Comes from a Trusted Source
- Department of Homeland Security: Stop.Think.Connect…Government Resources
And watch a video HERE to learn how simple it is for thieves to hack into accounts though “social engineering” and gain access to your personal information.